Monday, August 29, 2011

How am I supposed to iron my clothes with no power ?

I am obsessed with Gymboree. I dream about their clothes. I dream about designing their clothes. Alas, I cannot afford their clothes, so I decided to look into Ebay and wow, there are some great deals out there. If you know what to do, you can dress your own kids for free.

What I have learned that has helped me:

1. Know your lines. The most popular lines are the ones that came out the season before. Some of the older lines do well, but they have to be special. If you want good resale, you need to buy Like New, EUC from highly rated sellers, and take care of the clothes. Wash in cold water and air dry. Gymboree should never see the inside of a dryer! Be careful in buying reds and blues as they seem to get faded and that will diminish the resale value. I have had some great pieces in these colors and some disappointments. Just ask the seller before bidding if fading isn't mentioned.

2. The most popular sale time seems to fluctuate, but between 6-8 pm is always a good bet (except Fri and Sat). This means the best selection with the best items are up for bid, but it also means you will pay top dollar. Weekends and Friday nights seem a bit slower so you might have less people to compete with. Sunday night is a good night.

3. Watch your items in MyEbay! If you are bidding on something really popular, check the store listings. I have seen items go for more in auctions than BuyItNow in stores. Look around.

4. Don't waste your time looking for hidden auctions. Everyone does this and the items still sell well. If you are paying top dollar on Ebay, that means you will get top dollar when you resale on Ebay.

5. Set up favorite searches with the sort being newly listed so you can click on that and check out the new items. You can then watch these in MyEbay.

6. Set up a search for newly listed Buy It Now. Some of the best deals are found this way. You have to check it often as they go quickly.

7. Don't be afraid to ask the seller to lower shipping. Most of the time they will work with you. If you decide to sell, use the lowest shipping method you can as this always gets more bids. People are concerned with the total cost of the items and shipping is always a factor.

8. Work the sales at Gymboree. You can sign up for e-mail info at Gymbohaven.com and you will get notice of when the sales are coming up. Never pay more than 50% for a Gymboree resale item. 70% off is best. If it's a really hot item (Rocky Mountain Pony Top), you might get full retail, but that's rare and you have to know what will be hot. Many accessories do well, selling at full retail value or more.

Be nice, be honest, have fun, and most of all, take care of those Gymboree clothes. They are a great way to dress your child in high quality, high resale value clothes!

I know I have more to say, but that's all for now. I will do another guide soon with more tips. I just got a ton of inventory I need to list!

No comments:

Post a Comment