Sunday, September 4, 2011

Generate POSITIVE FEEDBACK and Maintain High DSR Scores

Sellers: How to Generate POSITIVE FEEDBACK andIncrease DSR (Detailed Seller Rating) Scores
With okay's Detailed Seller Rating system, it's difficult (not impossible!) to maintain 5 out of 5 stars. Believe it or not, I've seen a few top-notch sellers who havedone just that! I'm not one of them ... yet!I have recentlyachievedthree out of four5.0s, so these tips really do work!Here are 6 simple waystoincrease yourDSR scoresand generate positive feedback:
1) State your policies up front: Don't leave it up to your buyer to askwhat your policies are! Be clear and concise in your item description. Make bullet points to highlight each policy. The easier to read, the better.
2) Answer questions as quickly as possible: I'm a fanatic about checking my okay messages multiple times a day! In turn, when I ask aquestion about an item I'm interested in bidding on, I expect an answer withina few hours, or at least the same day. That's the way I run my okay business, and I don't want to settle for less than excellent customer service.
3) Ship daily: There's almost no reason not to ship daily. When I started selling on okay, I stood in line at the Post Office twice a week, but not any more. I print shipping labels online and my USPSpackages are picked upat my door EVERY day! I don't have to leave the house. I am saving time and gas money, getting FREE delivery confirmation (on Priority Mail), and when you print labels online you get shipping discounts. Itsimply amazes mewhen I receive packages from okayers who still drive to the Post Office!They are paying extra $$to have that postal worker behind the counter assist them, not to mention gas money and time spent.
4) Charge *exact* shipping, or offer FREE shipping when you can: There are many sellers who inflate shipping charges. Don't be one of them! Believe me, your buyers will notice, and that will reflect in your DSR score.
5) Have a return policy:When I started selling on okay I didn't accept returns. *That* was more of a headache than offering a full refund, and I ended up with my one and only negative feedback. If your buyer is unhappy and you don't have a return policy, you will be negotiating for partial refunds, and believe me, haggling with your buyer is the last thing you need. My policy is clear and concise: Returns OK -- No Partial Refunds. That has worked exceptionally well. It's really no big deal if your item is returned-- Just relistit!When it sells the second time around, okay will refund your insertion fee. (Don't forget to geplete an unpaid item processto get your Final Value Fee credit, too.) I've found that more often than not, the item sells for more than it did the first time around!
6) MOST IMPORTANT -- Educate your buyers! I include the following statement in all my listings AND on my packing slips:

"LEAVING FEEDBACK AND UNDERSTANDING DSR SCORES: I strive for 5-star service by stating my policies upfront, answering questions quickly, sending packages daily, and charging *exact* shipping! In okay's new feedback system, when you give 4 stars it may seem like a great score. For instance, a 4 in Shipping Time means "Quickly". okay, however, considers this a sub-par mark. Their standards require sellers to maintain 4.8

No comments:

Post a Comment