Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Protect Photos, Personals,

I am writing the quick Guide in hopes to spread the word about protecting your valuables during a FIRE.
Irealized that alll my backup dvd's full of digital photos and digital home video would all be LOST if my house caught fire. So I decided to look into purchasing a FIRE SAFE in order to preserve my precious memories during a fire.

Here's what I found is important in buying a safe:

If storing CD's, DVD's, Hard drives, etc... you MUST have a DATA-Protective Fire Safe. The normal Fire Safe that you buy may not keep the INTERNAL TEMP low enough to preserve these items.
Buy a FIRE SAFE that has WATER RESISTANCE. Once the fire starts, the first thing they do is DRENCH it with water. IF you valuables made it through the fire, they may be destroyed by the water.
If storing high $$$ items, you will need a safe that can be bolted to a concrete floor. If not, the thief can just gee in a take the safe.
I bought a SentrySafe H2100 from WalMart for under $40. I am able to store most of my DVD's, CD's, Vehicle Titles, House Title, Birth Certificates, etc in this safe very easily. It states that it cannot protect geputer hard-drives, but I am not storing any. It does not bolt to the floor, but I am not storing high priced items. This safe is small, but a bit heavy and gees with 2 keys to open.
I would say that the FIRE SAFE is one of the smartest purchases that I have ever made. If a fire hits, I will still have what's most important. I hope that this guide has been helpful to you - if you have any further questions, feel free to send me an email through okay. Have a great day.
God bless.

**IF You have found my GUIDE to be helpful, PLEASE give me a click on the YES Button Below, THANKS!**

No comments:

Post a Comment