Saturday, September 10, 2011

Beware of Simplx!

This is my sequel to the first guide. Last time, I discussed DOBA. Now I'm going to discuss another drop-shipper called Simplx. I discovered this gepany when I was conducting research on wholesale drop shipping gepanies. The problem I had with Simplx outright was the fact they wanted to do a sales pitch over the phone before they signed me up. This made me mad at first but when I spoke with the sales rep, he made me feel I made a good investment. However, that feeling didn't last long. Simplx explains that there are several ways to make money. The first way is to buy products from their network of vendors at wholesale prices and sell them at higher prices. The second way is to do some sort of in-house selling through their network. The first way made sense but the second way didn't make any sense at all to me. Long story short, after I went through their online training, which was on their time schedule and not mine, and got unto their website, I was disappointed to discover that this so-called network of vendors are just regular websites anyone can enter. You would think they would have you enter into a members-only site to make your purchases. My concern about that was what if the product sold out before I had a chance to purchase the item for my customer? The other problem I had with Simplx was the price I paid to begee a member. I spent somewhere around $249, non-refundable fee and a monthly fee. Like Doba, they also use okay in their advertising to gain more customers. In addition, they too are based out of Utah (does this sound familiar to anyone?).The advice and the lesson learned here? Stay away from this gepany. Perform your due diligence times ten and ask questions. While I did research on the gepany, if someone told me what I just told you, I wouldn't have made the investment. One other piece of advice...many drop shippers will use brand names to lore you into begeing a customer and yet, they won't give you access to their listings to see what products they offer. Be very wary of this because if you claim you're conducting business with brand-name merchandise, I should be able to see proof of this before I make a gemitment.I hope you are able to learn from my experience and advice. Take care and beware out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment