Thursday, September 8, 2011

Use the Buy It Now option with a free shipping offer

One of my favorite ways to entice bidders to use the Buy It Now option is to offer free shipping for them when they do. Here's how it works:
Say you have an item that normally sells for around $10. You normally list it at $0.99 starting bid to save on okay listing fees and encourage more bidding.
I always use a Buy It Now price and set it higher than the normal bid for my items. So, if I think the item will see for around $10, I might have the Buy It Now price at $14.99 or $19.99. If someone really want the item, they will use the Buy It Now to avoid having to bid.
Let's assume we set the Buy It Now for the high end of $19.99, and then give the free shipping offer. If someone uses this option, you will have to pay for their shipping ($4.05 USPS Priority Mail), but still be up over $5 from your normal selling price.
This option does work! I have sold 5 items using this method in the past few weeks. I advertise the promotion both in the item listing and by purchased the "Subtitle" option when I list the item.
If you wish, please View My Items.
If you found this guide helpful, please look below and click on the Yes button under the Was This Guide Helpful link. This is how we get our rank as a Reviewer! Be sure to check out and vote for my other Guides.

No comments:

Post a Comment