Friday, September 11, 2009

Misleading Titles Headings

It is the buyer's responsibility to read a listing and this is can not be debated. In life you shouldnt spend money on anything without atleast taking some measure to know what the item is. I am curious as to the majority view as to sellers that constantly post/use misleading titles. The buyer should read a listing but a seller who constantly does this should not be able to say read the listing when they are pulling a fast one misrepresenting items in the title. If a seller puts in the title "Outstanding condition" or just give the title of something without indicating it is a reproduction, then the fact it is a reproduction is in the "fine" print, I tend to believe they are trying to mislead buyers. What is the prevailing view on this because I am starting to get annoyed at a few sellers. Fine I read the description, which is my responsibility, but shouldnt the title at a minimum not be misleading and inaccurate? I bought an item like this once. I left a positive because all of the other aspects were very good, and my thought was "live and learn" I wont buy from seller again. The seller I bought from is constantly misleading in his descriptions and as I do searches his items come up and you have to examine the picture closely to see that he is not telling the truth in the title. If everyone takes my initial attitude he is getting away with alot and I dont know if a buyer has to carefully read a description to see any disclaimers that the item is not as it is represented in the title. Basically it is a practice of describing items in very good to outstanding condition then a line saying "over" graded but still nice. Problems could easily be avoided if what the item is is stated in the title rather than "perfect" condition, 1958 Widget. There is nothing to prevent just saying 1958 Widget. He also tends to find items where the description he uses is actually accurate and posts his items at a few dollars less, when in reality they should be much less. I would like others opinions on this.


Orignal From: Misleading Titles Headings

No comments:

Post a Comment