Friday, September 11, 2009

Should I cancel my transaction, avoid feedback

I, as a buyer, had a problem with a seller. I was sent a non-working refurbished item, after much delay, and threats of raising a dispute with paypal within my 45 days, I was sent back all the money I paid. Of course I'm still not happy (but I am relieved). The camera I had planned on getting for vacation never arrived, and the vacation came and went. Now the seller wants to cancel the transaction, perhaps so to avoid an ebay fee. If I agree to cancel the transaction, will I not be able to leave any feedback? I would like to leave a neutral feedback. I did get a refund, but seller was very slow to respond, and even sent me an instruction manual instead of a replacement camera by mistake, delaying the whole process. I wish we had the following feedback system. __ Did you get the product as described? __ Did it arrive on time? __ If not, was seller communication and response quick and adequate after you alerted them of the problem? __ If not, did seller provide a full refund or replacement product? __ Were you satisfied with the refund or replacement product? __ Did you begin a dispute process with Paypal or other means? In other words, a seller can jerk people around and still get good feedback. They can send a defective product, delay the response, and not send a replacement, and if the buyer persists, they can send the correct product finally. Is a buyer to then give good feedback because the seller (FINALLY) came through with the product? (How many buyers didn't complain quick enough to resolve it with Paypal!) How I wish ebay would send an email reminder to all buyers after 40 days who have not left feedback, to remind them of their need to open a dispute if the transaction is still not resolved. ?? Should I cancel the transaction ?? ?? Should I give negative or neutral feedback, which??


Orignal From: Should I cancel my transaction, avoid feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment