Thursday, August 6, 2009

How to get pictures of shipping damage!

I recently sold an LP that arrived to the buyer cracked in half. I've been selling vinyl on and off for over 10 years and not only never had this happen before, but packed it exactly the same secure way as I alway have. Even the buyer said in all his years of buying vinyl that even though it was perfectly packed, he has never seen one broken like this since it's so hard to do! He said it looks like someone stood on one end and snapped it in two. He has asked for a refund which of course he got in full because there is no way he is at fault. The point of this post is I think I have a way to get buyers to agree to send pictures of the damaged item without making it seem like they are trying to pull a scam... I asked if he would mind terribly to email pictures of the damage so I could bring them to my postmaster to complain. There is no hint of accusing the buyer of lying and saves the trouble and cost of returning an unsellable item. This may be the tactic I use if someone else receives an item so obviously damaged in transit. Joe Just when I learned the rules... they changed the game!



Orignal From: How to get pictures of shipping damage!

No comments:

Post a Comment