Monday, August 31, 2009

Probably a ridiculous idea, but I'm doing it anyway.

I received negative feedback from a buyer for something that was not even an ebay transaction. The comment left by this buyer states that he will not remove the negative feedback until he receives an item that was not part of the original transaction. Nor is this item necessary to correct a deficiency with the item in the original transaction. It is something that is of $20-30 value that was sent at no charge to him, and then was lost in the mail because I probably sent it to the wrong zip code that was initially provided by this buyer. I have been going through this issue with ebay for nearly a week now, and have gotten nowhere. Ebay claims that the negative feedback is not eligible for removal, even though the comment is a blatant example of feedback extortion. Apparently, they don't see this as a violation of their own policy on feedback abuse, and they will not take action of any sort. So, I have resorted to filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Now, I have no illusions as to this actually working. But, if other sellers with identical problems report ebay to the BBB, then maybe enough complaints will cause ebay to take notice. Ebay provides a service for a fee. Therefore, they have certain legal responsibilities in this regard, and these are laid out in its user agreement and its policies. When they fail in this regard, they have committed a breach in conduct. The negative feedback I received effected my ratings, which affected how well I can sell. So I have also asked for a refund of all seller fees from the date of the negative feedback until such time as the feedback is removed.


Orignal From: Probably a ridiculous idea, but I'm doing it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment