Monday, August 31, 2009

Seller dashboard....I don't get it.....

I paid little attention to this feature as I don't sell much at all. For a couple of months last year, I sold enough to get the stars to show on my profile...4.9/5. But never looked at that seller dashboard thing. I've sold a couple/three things recently, but under the "need 10" mark to show stars on profile. I looked at my dashboard this evening and I just don't get it..... "your 30 day/ your 12 mo"....ALL 5.00 "your 30 day/ebay 30 day".....4.80, 4.77, 4.74, 4.75 "your 12 mo/ebay 12 mo".....4.73, 4.68, 4.62, 4.59 I don't understand this. I don't sell the volume, but the quality of my sales are impeccable. It's really true, the small seller is doomed here if this is the way they are rating. In essence, as a small seller, I MUST get all fives EVERY sale to stay *just above* "eBay's" mark to be able to sell my wares here, yes? My goodness, what has happened to "quality v. quantity"? Not to mention getting that quality at a bargain price? And all this buyer v. seller and seller v. buyer that goes on at this site? It makes me so sad...... I said it before, I'll say it again....I will sell here until it's no longer fun. And even though my buyers do give me all 5 stars but eBay rates them less because I don't sell thousands of items, I can walk away knowing I did the right thing. I'll buy here until there are no more "good" deals.......and there are less and less every day as the "good" sellers are slowly but surely dissipating. There must be thousands upon thousands of folks out there who bought into eBay when it was "good". Stay-at-home-Moms who could give those little "extras" to their kids, Dad's who want to give their family the "vacation of a lifetime",...ad infinitum Just like in "Goodfellas" when Henry says,"but, that's all over now", the same is true for eBay.


Orignal From: Seller dashboard....I don't get it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment