Monday, August 24, 2009

Advice Please on Hair-Trigger Buyer

Hi Everyone, A buyer just dropped a negative on me while we are waiting for PayPal to process the refund I authorized. The item I sold her arrived broken, and she opened a dispute in PayPal immediately--before she or UPS even let me know the item had arrived broken. She began calling me and emailing me through our personal email accounts and through the Ebay system. I called her back and emailed back and apologized, told her not to worry, that I would make it right, and tried to figure out the best way to refund her money. I called PayPal to see how to deal with the dispute, and the woman at PayPal told me I should ask the buyer to send it back (!) I asked, "are you sure? Is that what people do?" Because I had a feeling that would really get the buyer mad. And it did. And it put an automatic "escalate" on the account. Thanks for the advice, PayPal. But I fixed that problem because I decided it's not worth it to get it back, to hassle the buyer with that, and UPS waived inspection as they realized the item was indeed damaged in shipping. So I told her to keep the item. LONG STORY SHORT: She received the item on the 17th, I authorized the refund on the 18th, she gave me a negative on the 19th. Right now PayPal is in the process of refunding her, which she knows. It is not instantaneous in this case because my account was $12 short. I even tried to replenish my account with a credit card to make it go faster, buy PayPal wouldn't let me. It has to be from my bank account, which takes 3-4 business days. All of which I told her, and apologized for. And yet, she just gave me the negative, saying "Did not explain item good." She was a slow payer. I've kept her in the loop the whole time. She's getting her money back. She ruined my feedback score. So do I give her a negative? BTW, she emailed me a lot during the bidding with questions that I answered in great detail. I had a feeling she was going to be trouble. It crossed my mind for a second to block her. Sellers--trust that instinct!


Orignal From: Advice Please on Hair-Trigger Buyer

No comments:

Post a Comment