Monday, August 24, 2009

Buyers can do damage to sellers on ebay because they can.

I almost ruined a sellers dsrs because of mine and others stupidity. I do not want to go into the whole story of the transaction. To keep it short: seller sent item to first address then it was returned. This was a post office issue I guess. I contacted seller as to why item was not sent, she said it was returned, I gave her a new address to send it to, I waited 57 days and no item. So I negged the seller. Seller could have learned communication skills and she did not send it via confirmation. If I was the seller I would have sent item confirming it being received, but she didn't. Anyway, the item was at the apt office for two and a half weeks. I do not want to go into the story of how it was misplaced. I went on a search for it and found the item. I made it right with the seller. She got her money and then some and her neg changed to a positive. Just before my move from the appt. I talked to my post office guy about it and he said I never left my appt. # so he did not know what to do with it. I checked my paypal account and yep I'm an idiot, I left no appt.# My point is, I really need to own my ability as a buyer to effects a sellers dsr's. I am so glad I made it right for my seller because of mine and others mistake. I am not proud of this, in fact I am embarrassed. So why post this? Because I want to make a point that buyers can be mistaken in several ways. AND sellers paying the price via feedback per ebay's dsr's because of this should be noted. Also I would like to note. In calling ebay they were concerned that I knew as a buyer the seller had a certain time frame to request a feedback request. I was concerned the seller might let this time frame pass. She didn't thankfully and my transaction has a happy and fair ending. I do wonder if this is only because I care. I do think buyers that are not as concerned for sellers would have negged and left it at that. Then the seller would have just paid the price.


Orignal From: Buyers can do damage to sellers on ebay because they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment