Thursday, August 6, 2009

Why does eBay allow seller to contact buyer about revising feedback?

I sell also and it offended me to get this request from a seller whom I rated neutral. The entire transaction was a fiasco and I probably should have given them a neg, but since I did get my money back I did not. But the truth is, from my experience with this seller, I don't think he should be selling. The email went into great depth about how he is being punished by eBay by lowered auction ranking for my neutral and how much money it will cost him in sales. It feels unprofessional to me to get this email and I don't see why it is allowed. I see that he has convinced 2 other people to revise their feedback, which I don't think is fair to other buyers out there who are trying to see how others' experiences with him went. In case anyone wonders the story, I bought a Brita pitcher with free shipping and it was crammed inside a priority box that was too small for it (the box's integrity was compromised because the pitcher caused it to bulge out in the middle) with no padding, so of course it broke. I contacted the seller. I waited a week. I contacted the seller again. I waited a few more days. I contacted the seller a 3rd time with a note that if I didn't get a response I was filing with Paypal. I didn't get a response, so I filed. I immediately got a response then, of course... within an hour. The seller says he could not pack boxes or answer emails because he had a sprained wrist (!!!) and offered to refund or replace. I accepted replacement. (I still wanted a pitcher!) He said he would ship on Friday. I waited until a week after ship date and I still had not received it. I wrote seller asking for the tracking number. The seller responded that he was still waiting to find out if I wanted refund or replacement. I said for the 2nd time, replacement! This time he says it will be another 4 days before he ships. My patience is wearing thin at this point, but I stupidly wait. 2 days after the second shipping date has passed, the seller contacts me AGAIN to tells me -- whoops! I was wrong, I don't have another pitcher. Will you take a free upgrade to the next size? At this point I said NO. Give me a refund, I'm tired of dealing with you. (I went and bought a pitcher at Walmart and wished I had from the start.) The deadline to file a claim with Paypal was 4 days away at this point and I figure he is trying to make me miss it. The seller grants the refund and I think it is finally over. But then... a week and half later I get another email from the seller asking me again to please tell him if I want a refund or a replacement. I wrote back saying basically, you've already resolved this do not contact me again. He writes back 2 days later and tells me my refund is on its way. hahahaa! What a nutcase. I just didn't respond this time. But you know what? Yeah... he is lucky he did not get a negative feedback. That is a ridiculous amount of trouble to go to for a water pitcher! I decided I should give other buyers a warning on my feedback. So now this email begging me to have it in my heart to change his feedback? It offends me. I don't want this person contacting me again! Am I being unreasonable? I sell on eBay. I have a store. I also have lowered ranking because my shipping and handling DSR is low. It sucks. I even ironically have a free shipping offer. I think it's totally unfair. I ship at cost. I combine shipping for free. I think it's unfair that my search status is lowered. I think it is unfair that I cant get power seller status that I've earned until that DSR number comes up. But I never in the world would have considered emailing my customers and begging them to change their feedback! What in the world? I'm sorry this is so long. I guess I needed to rant.



Orignal From: Why does eBay allow seller to contact buyer about revising feedback?

No comments:

Post a Comment