Thursday, August 6, 2009

another scam? - selling outside ebay

I recently bid on a reserve item. I was the highest bidder but the reserve was not met. I was then contacted outside ebay thru email to buy. The email didn't give a valid item number and it didn't describe the item, so I can't be sure it was the same item I bid on. I can't give the item number that I bid on to file a report with ebay since the item was removed from ebay so there is a problem in reporting it to ebay since ebay requires an item number in order to file a report. I think that scammers are running fraudulent reserve auctions on ebay in order to get email addresses of the bidders in order to contact them outside of ebay. The emails are disguised and don't contain the item numbers or the sellers true identity. This is the content of the email that I received shortly after the bidding ended: (Note: the item number given in the email is not a valid item number) Dear member, I want your phone number to call you and arrange a meeting for this item. It is a very nice unit. Thank you - glosman-half Did this answer your question? If not, let the buyer know. Item and user details Item Number: 150220400268 Item URL: Link eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem

Orignal From: another scam? - selling outside ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment