Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ebay Feedback Policies Need To Change. What Changes Would You Like?

Hi, I recently received my 1st negative feedback. I was sad, but for the first time I did not let a buyer run over me. I sold an item in great condition, and the ebayer was not satisfied with the item. I offered a refund minus shipping charges as stated in my listing, but the buyer threatened to leave me negative feedback if I did not give the shipping charges back. For a resolution I offered half of the shipping charges back, and the buyer accepted, but after finding out the cost to ship the item back the buyer sent me a message giving me the option of allowing him/her to keep the item and give him/her $30, or he/she would file a claim, and would get all their money back. I advised the buyer that I would not allow him/her to keep the item, and give them $30, but that I would stand by my return policy. The buyer filed a claim with pay pal, then improperly stuffed the item which was a heavy garment in an envelope, and shipped it back. The envelope partially opened, and the garment was ruined and partially sticking to the bag. Pay pal gave the buyer a refund due to tracking info, but then gave me my money also back because I provide photo evidence of the condition the item was received in. The buyer then left me a negative feedback referring to the pay pal claim, and the comment was removed, but the negative feedback remained. The buyer then left a follow up so he/she could make sure he/she defamed me saying the item was broke. Is this extortion? No, not according to eBay. According to eBay the buyer was negotiating. Will eBay remove feedback for someone lying? No Can a seller leave negative feedback for other sellers to be aware of for the buyer? No If a winning bidder doesn't pay, or respond, does the non paying bidder get negative feedback or a lower rating? No Can a seller ever leave a buyer negative feedback? No Feedback Policies on eBay need to change! Is what happened to me fair? Is what may have happened or may happen to in regards to feedback to any seller fair? Do we need to give to lose time, money, and be fearful of bad feedback that is undeserved, and not be able to leave bad feedback for buyers when it is deserved? Can we decide on a fair policy for both sellers and buyers? Please post your thoughts, and opinions here. We would all love to know what you think. Also, speak up to eBay, and tell them you want changes to the feedback policy by clicking on site map in the upper right corner, and clicking on suggestion box under connect.



Orignal From: Ebay Feedback Policies Need To Change. What Changes Would You Like?

No comments:

Post a Comment