Sunday, July 26, 2009

Helping Buyers, Helping eBay

I know this topic gets brought up time after time. I would really like to see a way to block buyers from my search results without having to go in and list them specifically in a search. It's a real pain to do it that way. I think we could help eBay make selling better by being able to block and give a reason at the time we block. Maybe even have a 30 day or 60 day expiration on the block. When the expiration date hits have a message that asks if we want to continue the block. The reason we blocked may have been fixed and this would remind us to double check. If we had to give reason for blocking a vendor, eBay could pull a list of vendors with multiple blocks on them and look at the reasons, then follow up with the vendor to fix or ban as needed. I constantly fill out the excessive shipping and handling reports. I hate people selling items for ,99 and charging $30 for shipping. I report them every time, but nothing seems to be done about them. I see the same person time after time selling that way. I have gotten to where I almost never buy anything without free shipping. Then you even have to watch those for people adding $3 "insurance" required to a $1 sale. Yeah, I want to insure something for 3 times the cost... If we chose to block a seller, we would have to fill out the report form or something similar with a few more choices as to why you are blocking them. I can't even block a seller I had a bad transaction with. I buy hundreds of items. I only have a few vendors who I want to block. The biggest reason is screwy shipping charges or I don't like their store policy (usually something that is against the rules anyway.) If I am going to take the time to report these vendors, I should be able to block them also. Reporting vendors does not help me at all. I still have to wade through that persons listings or make a basic search that I have to go through for everything. I find a lot of things just by browsing the different categories. I have even searched for non-eBay created search engines to find one that blocked specific vendors. Heck, I would even pay for a search engine that I could block specific vendors. I still think that adding some categories to the reporting system, like "bad purchase experience", "store policies", "suspect merchandise" or whatever should allow us to block that vendor for at least 30 days with the option to continue the block at the end of that time. I would actually buy from more vendors if I could block ones I don't like. As it is now, I stay with a few main vendors because I know their policies and I have had good experiences with them. But that also means a lot of items that I just don't buy because it's so time consuming to look at the store policies of 50 different stores every day.



Orignal From: Helping Buyers, Helping eBay

No comments:

Post a Comment