Thursday, August 6, 2009

Misleading Feedback---Live

I've been selling on e-bay for a few months now. I just realized today that I can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, but buyer's can do so for me. I just feel the need to relate my experiences with feedback on the off chance that someone, anyone, who actually creates e-bay policies will read this and acknowledge that the feedback arena needs some adjustments. First, I received a negative feedback from out of the blue. The buyer didn't bother to contact me at all. I had no idea there was any problem. He claims the item was damaged during shipping. If he had let me know, I would have asked him to send it back and then would have refunded both his purchase price and all shipping expenses. All I could do was post a reply that said it was too bad he didn't communicate at all. Now I have an undeserved negative brightly standing out for all to see. Second, I used to take a look at the feeback ratings of buyers by just looking at the number next to their star and checking to see that there were no big red negatives jumping out at me from their feedback page. I didn't know that even negative feedback is shown as a positive!! I ask buyers to pay within 3 days of purchase. One buyer with a high rating and no negative marks, didn't. I sent an invoice. No response. I sent an e-mail just asking if he intended to pay for the item and asking for any reply. Silence. I opened a case against the buyer for non-payment, non-communication. When all was said and done, I went to leave feedback and realized I could only warn other sellers by leaving a few words UNDER THE GUISE OF POSITIVE FEEDBACK!! I went back to the buyer's ratings and read a host of negative comments all posted after happy, green icons of approval. E-bay, please revise this system to give sellers who can't take the time to ferret through every bidders comments a warning! Even if you don't allow text, letting us leave an icon that shows there was a problem would be better. Anyway, live and learn. I will be selling much less on e-bay now. I'll explore other avenues and use e-bay only as a last resort.



Orignal From: Misleading Feedback---Live

No comments:

Post a Comment