Wednesday, August 12, 2009

OT...The One That Got Away!

Hey Everyone! This is kind of a sister thread to the one asking about your biggest surprise for the price of an item you sold. What did you pass on that you could have sold for a bundle? Last year I saw a cool mid century Italian floor lamp at a flea market. I'd seen it in reference books and thought it was beautiful but had no place for it in my house. The dealer wanted $300.00 and I didn't want to blow that much of my spending stash so early in the morning on speculation. He had it for several weeks before it finally sold to another mid century dealer. Every week the place is crawling with antique furniture buyers and I was a little surprised it took so long to sell. Imagine my shock when I saw another one listed a few weeks later which sold for $6,900.00! And all subsequent ones are usually in that price range. Trust me, the seat of my pants was just about worn through from kicking myself... Joe Just when I learned the rules... they changed the game!



Orignal From: OT...The One That Got Away!

No comments:

Post a Comment