Sunday, August 2, 2009

Seller left negative after sale cancelled - any recourse?

In over 10 years of selling here, I have never encountered a buyer like this. She was the high bidder on a lamp and in the listing I stated that "it is a bit wobbly and the metal fittings need to be tightened but since I'm not an expert in lamp repair, I will leave this simple repair to the winning bidder". I also stated "If you have any questions, please email me prior to bidding". After she won the auction, she emailed me and asked if the shade was original to the lamp and she also wanted to know if it was an expensive repair and if so she didn't want it... and to both questions I replied that I didn't know, that she should have asked prior to bidding, and I would cancel the sale if she wanted me to. To make a long story short, she agreed to cancel the sale. It is my opinion that she bid very high on the lamp to ensure that she won but wanted the option to back out of the sale by asking these questions after she won. I've always had 100% positive feedback. I just noticed that even though the sale was cancelled, as she agreed, she left me a negative and stated "Lamp was not as advertised. indigent seller (whatever that means). Would not recommend." I'd like to know how she knows that the lamp was not as advertised since she never received it! Do I have any recourse and can this negative be removed since the sale was cancelled, as she agreed?



Orignal From: Seller left negative after sale cancelled - any recourse?

No comments:

Post a Comment