Sunday, August 2, 2009

Advertised priority but shipped 1st class w/ no explanation

Ok.. My experience on ebay is mostly as a seller. On my nonposting ID I purchased an item using buy it now. In the subtitle it advertised FREE PRIORITY shipping. When I went to pay it ended up being first class. I explained to the seller in a message in payment AND in a seperate message through ebay that I was expecting priority mail since it is an item needed very quickly. They advertise 24 hour shipping free priority shipping and the buy it now was about $10 more than other sellers were offering up the same item but at slower delivery times. So I made the CHOICE to buy with them. They never responded to my message, but sent an email stating item had shipped and I could find the tracking number on the order details page. So I check it today and of course it shipped 1st class... This really isn't a feedback question, but wasn't sure where to post it. My feedback left will depend on the item, how long it takes to get here (I know that often times 1st class CAN be as fast as priority so I'm waiting to see about that) and all that good stuff.. Though I am considering a 4 star on as described since the shipping was not as described; being he's a high volume seller my one star ding won't do much to him and I'm going to note it in the feedback).. I think offering priority for free then changing it in the auto input to first class really is offensive, and to top it off no communication after I mentioned it is even more offensive to me. I paid the extra for the service I thought I was going to get. What are my options? Like I said I know the fb group might not be the most appropriate place to ask this, but wasn't really sure which would be, and know that many folks here are knowledgable (spelling??) in many different areas. Would I be off the mark to ask the guy for a partial refund since the shipping wasn't as advertised? Like I said before, this is a timely item and while I could return it, it just wouldn't be very convenient for me to do so and have to wait for delivery of another from another seller..



Orignal From: Advertised priority but shipped 1st class w/ no explanation

No comments:

Post a Comment