Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A case of buyer fraud or E-bay-Paypal f'ing up sales? Need advise plse...

item:#360174044956 -sold on 07/26 at 3:15pm (a Sunday) with request to ship overnight following business day. Paypal confirmed/cleared payment same time, with confirmed address. Within an hour later at 4:20, Paypal put a hold on payment with a "do not ship" and requested more info from me, which I responded, and send in what they needed same day at 5:20..Following my response they requested information from buyer and the waiting game started. Meanwhile I've been communicating(same day on 07/26) with buyer back and forth explaining the situation and "buyer" confirmed that everything should be OK, there shouldn't be any problems with funds. Since then have been over the phone with E-Bay and Paypal to see what is going on. Ebay can't do anything without Paypal releasing the funds even though it is marked paid and awaiting shipment in E-bay system. Paypal said that the funds can be hold for up to ten days and that there is nothing that I can do until the 'buyer" respond to their request. Now I'm worried about getting neg. Called ebay back to ask what can be done since this is out of my control, according to the rep, "nothing but just hope that the buyer wouldn't neg me, and since I've been communicating with buyer, there's a chance that I will not get neg", added the rep...wtf!!!! 07/29: Received e-mail from buyer that payment posted. Called Paypal to let them know. Their response: If nothing happen within the ten days hold, funds should be available by 08/06, but until then do not ship item! Pass message to buyer in a very apologetic e-mail with promise to refund shipping cost and a 10% discount on sales amount. 08/06: Nothing happened, called Paypal, Since they haven't heard anything from buyer, now they are telling me that the funds can be held 15days! Try communicating info to buyer, with no response. On 08/09, received an e-mail from Paypal that the funds was reversed without any explanation why. Called them up and the rep told me that since they were not able to verified the payment (that was confirmed and verified on the first e-mail on 07/26), they cannot accept the payment and canceled this transaction from my Paypal account. Now on Ebay system, it is in the "awaiting payment"..I've thought of everything that I can do, but nothing will prevent a neg and according to E-bay policy, it cannot be removed, if it does happen. Help please.....



Orignal From: A case of buyer fraud or E-bay-Paypal f'ing up sales? Need advise plse...

No comments:

Post a Comment